Okay so maybe not of a lifetime, but it’s gotta be right up there.
Let me give you a little lesson on how to surprise your best friend.
1. Have two of your other girlfriends from college plan a road trip to visit her 10 hours away.
2. Act super sad and jealous that you aren’t able to make the trip. But secretly tag along for the ride and text your friend things like, “Have fun with the girls! Wish I was there!”
3. Take pictures of your friends doing fun stuff, have them uploaded to Facebook, and comment on it because you know your friend is checking Facebook non-stop.
See exhibit A.
Then laugh really hard because she thinks you are back home in South Dakota and has NO CLUE what is really about to happen.
4. Hide around the corner when your friends go to greet her in the parking lot of her apartment complex and listen to her as she talks about how excited she is to see them.
5. Pop out from behind the car and say, “Do you have room for one more?!”
6. Watch as she makes the most hilariously dumbfounded expression you have ever seen.
7. Rejoice in the fact that you just pulled off the best surprise EVER.
9. Spend the next two days with 4 of your best friends from college talking, drinking, and reminiscing about the good ‘ol days.